One advantage to the Facebook business page is the featured App tabs located just below your cover photo. Even if you’re tweeting and updating your Facebook business page status with your latest blog content (ahem — you should be if you’re not!) This FREE Application Tab, brought to you by Networkedblogs.com, is simple and easy to install and makes a great addition to your Facebook business page. One more way to drive traffic to your blog and get your articles read!
Ok, as promised, here’s what to do:
1. Log into your Facebook account and on your Facebook business page, and in another window have your blog open (so you can quickly copy and paste the URL).
2. Visit networkedblogs.com and at the top right, click where it says, “Add Your Blog.”
3. You’ll be asked to log in with Facebook – do that.
4. Logging in will bring you to a page that lets you Register a Blog. Type or paste in the full URL of the blog, i.e. http://www.brandlovellc.wordpress.com. Click “Next.”
6. When you finish, you’ll be brought to a page about the blog. On the left hand side of the screen under “Blogger Tools” you’ll see the word, “Syndication.” Click that, then go check your email for a verification email. Click where indicated in the email and you’ll be brought to another networkedblogs.com page.
7. Click on the “Blogger Dashboard” in the upper right hand corner; then in the menu under your blog, next to Publish, select Add to Facebook Page. Select the page you want to add your blog to and click the blue “Add Page Tab” button.
8. Head over to your Facebook business page, refresh the page if needed, and you’ll see a tab that says “Blog.” Click on the tab and you’ll be able to choose which blog (yours!) to appear on the page. If there are photos/graphics on your blog posts, the list of recent post excerpts will appear with thumbnails (as shown), giving your Blog tab on Facebook a clean, professional look and offering readers another way to engage with your words.
Keep in mind, not everyone clicks on App Tabs. To make sure everyone sees your new blog post on Facebook, post a Facebook status update with your article and include the shortened link to your newest content each time you blog. You can even take a screenshot of your blog article and post a picture of it for a higher ‘reach’ to your audience. See example below.
If you found this article helpful and are not already a fan of BrandLove, LLC Facebook Fan Page, please follow the link and “like” my page. There are lots more social media tips and information. My fan page is updated daily. Thank you for your support!